Affiliate marketing has changed from being something only big businesses and tech companies can do to a way almost anyone can participate. If you don’t want to join Amazon’s affiliate program or Google Adsense, there are other ways to get paid for referring customers.
What is affiliate marketing? Affiliate marketing is the practice of partnering with a company to sell its products and services via social media platforms. This partnership creates revenue for both parties involved. In this article, we will discuss How to do affiliate marketing in India, how to become an affiliate marketer, and earn passive income from your efforts.
Here are some ways to become an affiliate marketer.
Why should I become an affiliate marketer?
There are several reasons why people choose to go into this particular business model. Many people have been introduced to the concept of making money online while searching for ways to make extra income and create a better lifestyle.
Some want to make money online from home without having to pay any fees or invest any amount of capital. Others may have some knowledge about internet marketing and affiliate marketing but don’t know how to start their own online business.
In general, the advantages to working as an affiliate include earning commissions over products you recommend and promoting other people’s products and services – even if you don’t sell them yourself. There is no minimum age limit to get started. You can start as early as today!
How Does affiliate marketing Work?
1. Affiliate Marketing Explained
Affiliates are people who market other companies products. In return for a commission, they refer business owners to the company’s product. This can include lead generation (for example, if someone signed up for your free e-book), sales leads (if someone purchased a product after clicking from your site), or simply recommending your service.
2. How To Generate Traffic For Your Business?
The best way to drive traffic to your website is through search engine optimization techniques. These strategies help you improve your ranking on organic search results while increasing the number of visitors to your site. Here are some tips to get started:
a) Focus on long-tail keywords instead of broad match keywords. Broad match keywords tend to have higher competition and lower conversion rates than their long tail counterparts. Consider these examples: “buy shoes” vs. “shoes for women” vs. ‘women’s boots”.
b) Use Google Adwords. AdWords allows you to choose keywords that have high monthly searches but low competition and pay only when you receive clicks. You don’t need much start-up capital.
What are the different types of affiliate programs?
Affiliate marketing has grown rapidly since its inception. As the market matured and more companies began offering an affiliate program, various new “programs” emerged to address consumer demand. All these program variations are designed to allow affiliates to work independently.
This means that you need not only to find an affiliate network but also need to look for an individual product/service provider that offers an affiliate program. These providers usually offer you different commission rates depending on what type of products or services they offer.
However, some specialize in certain categories (for example, health-related products) and may offer fixed prices regardless of your sales activity. Some specialize in specific geographic locations, others in specific countries. When choosing between different affiliate marketing programs, consider the following factors:
a. Product category
b. Commission rate
Steps to Start Affiliate Marketing
1. Choose your Niche – This step is critical as it determines what kind of content you are going to create. Do some research about your niche first, and find out if there is enough demand for it.
Also, consider how much time you want to spend on this. You need to choose something that will interest you enough to keep up with it but still earn a good income from it. If you’re not interested in it then don’t start a blog or a website on it.
2. Build trust – Now that you’ve decided on a topic or niche, you need to build trust with others who might be interested. Share useful information on social media and interact with people often. Be friendly and helpful. Pay attention to their needs and desires. When they know you well enough, they’ll trust you and listen to whatever you say.
3. Create value – In order to make money online, you need to provide real value to others. Not just any old product, but a valuable one that’s highly informative and beneficial to them.
People won’t buy something just because you say you have it. They need a reason to buy from you. What can you offer that no one else offers? Find out and use this to develop a unique selling proposition (USP).
4. Monetize – Once you’ve built traffic and created value, you need to figure out ways to monetize it. There are a lot of opportunities here. I like making tools that help bloggers make money online.
One tool I’ve been working on has helped over 100,000 small businesses get online and generate leads for free. I’m trying to launch a crowdfunding site where people can donate to projects they love.
5. Grow – After everything is set up, you need to start creating content. Keep doing things that add value to other peoples’ lives. Eventually, you can begin building up a following.
6. Scale – As you continue to scale, you’ll face even bigger opportunities to grow. But remember, don’t stop learning. Read books, take courses and ask questions. We want to hear from you!
List of Best Affiliate Programs for Beginners
• ClickBank – $100K / year (10%)
• Ebay – $38-$60 per item (15-25%)
• Amazon.com – $37-$52 per item (10-20%)
• CJ Affiliate Network – $35-$50 per item (7-12.5%)
• Google Adsense – $30 per click (6.5%)
• Cost Per Action – $25-$45 (3-8%)